[racket] Help with exception raising and testing

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 27 20:11:04 EDT 2013

If your students are beginners, I urge you to use teaching languages in DrRacket instead. Like the language itself, the testing framework is adapted for beginners to avoid basic complexities, such as those below. For example,

 (check-error (f 10) "error")

is all you need to test a function/method f that may raise an error with message "error".

If your students are advanced, I think that lambda is easier for exn-s than Java's jUnit constructions. Nevertheless I agree that testing exns could be done in syntactically much much much simpler way in a language with the richest system of syntax extensions.

-- Matthias