[racket] Racket in computational science?

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Mon Aug 19 06:30:36 EDT 2013

Doug Williams writes:

 > I wrote the Science Collection to support my own knowledge-based
 > simulation work, which is basically the Simulation and Inference
 > collections that are also on PLaneT. The Science Collection

I looked at those, and also found your blog at drschemer.blogspot.com.
You are clearly "Mr Science" in the Racket world.

It looks like I have reading material for a while. I might actually
end up using the Simulation Collection myself, my field of work being
molecular simulation.

 > I'm hoping to largely deprecate the Science Collection in favor of
 > the new math package over time.

Moving all the maths to Typed Racket looks indeed like a good idea. In
fact, Typed Racket is one of the aspects that got me interested in the
Racket universe.

 > I'd be happy to discuss it more if you're interested.

Definitely. But first I need to explore more of what's already there.

Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.