[racket] Problems compiling Racket 5.3.5 on OpenIndiana (core dump)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 14 22:07:19 EDT 2013

At Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:00:14 +0000, "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" wrote:
> Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:
>
> > I've made places enabled by default for Solaris on x86/x86_64, and
> > I've also configured Racket to use large-chunk allocation on Solaris
> > when places are disabled.

I forgot to follow up to say that I disabled places by default for
Solaris, after all. The problem is that using gcc with the Sun linker
(a common configuration, I think) doesn't work right, and so it seems
better to only try if `--enable-places' is specified for `configure'.

> How can I take advantage of those changes?  Do I need to grab racket
> directly from source control?

Yes, or you could download source + pre-built libraries from one of the
Racket snapshot pages:

 http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/
 http://plt.eecs.northwestern.edu/snapshots/

Posted on the users mailing list.