[racket] How to document a package and access its documentation

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 11:51:49 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On 2013-08-12 16:59:19 +0200, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
>> I like to browse the documentation on a collection before I install it.
>>
>> It is somewhat inconvenient to find out on pkg.racket-lang.org
>> whether a package is part of a documented collection or not.
>
> I agree with this. Is there any reason why pkg.racket-lang.org couldn't
> allow package uploaders to upload pre-built documentation as well?
>
> I know there was some plan to implement a "ring" system where
> documentation would be auto-built, but I'd be okay with something
> simpler and more manual as an alternative. Low effort packaging is
> important, I think.

Yes, soon the package server will host compiled docs. Currently,
package server's don't upload anything to the server, so having them
upload HTML (and helping them build it) is a major undertaking. You
can currently manually put a link on your github page. We could make
it so you could have that link on the server too, but I'm skeptical
that the lack of one redirection would be very compelling.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay