[racket] How to document a package and access its documentation

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Mon Aug 12 10:59:19 EDT 2013

2013/8/12 Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Lawrence Woodman
> <lwoodman at vlifesystems.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm a little confused with regard to how to document packages and
>> collections
>> within them, and how to access that documentation when installing a package.

> Packages do not have documentation, but collections inside of packages
> may have documentation.
>
> However, if you have a single collection package, then the info file
> is for both the package and the collection metadata.

I like to browse the documentation on a collection before I install it.

It is somewhat inconvenient to find out on pkg.racket-lang.org
whether a package is part of a documented collection or not.

A package picked at random:
    https://pkg.racket-lang.org/info/arroy
I need to click at the github link and look for  scribblings to see that
there are no documentation.

This package is documented (I still had to go to Github):
    https://github.com/samth/c.rkt/tree/master/c/scribblings
But where is a rendered copy?

/Jens Axel

Posted on the users mailing list.