[racket] Best Way to Really Understand the Compilation and Execution Model?

From: Eric Dobson (eric.n.dobson at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 5 13:26:06 EDT 2013

I don't think expanding into a define and a define-for-syntax will
work. If I understand Nick correctly then Arc doesn't have phases and
state should be shared across the uses in macros and uses in the
program. I.e.

(define cdr/only-once
  (let ((state #f))
    (lambda (list)
      (if state
          list
          (begin
            (set! state #t)
            (cdr list))))))

Should only ever take the cdr once even across expansion/runtime.