[racket] how would you write bomberman without OS?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 04:58:47 EDT 2013

I think the best way to win this game is not to play... but... if I
just had to run bomberman and nothing else, I would revive the VMkit
version of Racket that can launch a micro-version of Linux and go
directly into Racket. Then I would implement a text/console-based
version of Bomberman... which would be pretty easy I think... and then
be done. The time it would take to add graphics to VMkit in a
convenient way would be way too much pain in my mind.

Although I see the appeal of "rewrite the world in Racket", at least
in the long run of safety and extensibility, I also value existing
software that works that other people wrote so I don't have to.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay