[racket] JSON module: why symbols for object keys? lists for arrays?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 22 17:38:13 EDT 2013

On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Erik Pearson wrote:

>  A related topic is whether the approach of the JSON
> module to allow specification of implementation for NULL, for
> instance, could be extended to Objects and Arrays. On the other hand,
> maybe it is better to fork a new JSON module with different and
> specific implementation details, either for personal use or as part of
> the standard library (it takes about 5 minutes to make the necessary
> changes.)

Your comments, especially the one above, suggest a UNIT-based implementation.
It should be linked to a UNIT that represents the various choices (null,
vector for arrays, etc). This would easily give us back what we have now
and efficient flexibility for those who need alternatives.

Also see Neil's response

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.