[racket] Using "system" from within a servlet?

From: Matt Jadud (matt at jadud.com)
Date: Sat Apr 6 18:09:55 EDT 2013

Hi Jay,

I figured out my issue.

The command I was invoking externally created a file. Although I was
operating on a file in /tmp (and therefore expected the external tool to
create its output there), all of the outputs of the process executed
through "system" were created in "htdocs."

So, I was looking for output files in all the wrong places.

Parameterizing current-directory solved my confusion.

Many thanks. I wondered if things might be dying silently for reasons that
might be more subtle, and your answer moved me forward.

Cheers,
Matt