[racket] Adding a raco command not working for me

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 6 10:21:53 EDT 2013

I'm trying to add a raco command, following
http://docs.racket-lang.org/raco/command.html

My info.rkt is simply this:

    #lang setup/infotab
    (define deps (list "markdown" "rackjure"))
    (define raco-commands '(("frog" frog "run Frog" #f)))

I'm trying to do this for a collection installed using `raco pkg
install --link`, to try it out and test it. However my command doesn't
seem to be recognized by raco.

I started to dig into the source for raco/all-tools.rkt and from there
into setup/getinfo.rkt. Although I may be misunderstanding, it looks
like it only searches current-library-collection-paths. Which would
mean that it ignores collection links. I think that would explain why
it's not working -- it's not looking at my info.rkt. Does that make
any sense??

If I understand that correctly:

1. Is this as-intended or a bug?

2. More practically, how could I test the raco command as a developer,
before uploading the package?  How do other folks do this?

Thank you.

Posted on the users mailing list.