[racket] Planet2 questions

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 4 10:58:43 EDT 2013

Some questions about Planet 2, using github, but not really used to it.

* Currently, the main files of my projects are at the root of the git repo.
IIUC, Planet2 requires them to be in a subdirectory of the git repo, so as
to be considered as a collection by Racket, is that correct?

Then where will the README and LICENSE and some other files go once the
package is installed, since those files are (should be) usually at the root
of the github repo?

* I'm a bit confused about how I should manage my package versions with
Planet2.
It seems that Planet2 leaves this somewhat to the user, but still seems to
suggest that some options are better than others, without being entirely
specific.

For example, would the following be considered good?
- The master branch is used for development only.
- At each major version, I create a new git branch, and upload a new
package with an increased number at the end of the package name.
- Bug fixes and small improvements can be done on a major branch,
generating a new hash and users will automatically receive the update.

This implies that users of a major branch will receive minor updates, but
may not know that a new major version has been released, right?

But I see that many packages on Planet2 are using the master as the package
source. Then how do the developers manage major versions and development?

Laurent