[racket] Environment variables in paths

From: Nick Shelley (nickmshelley at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 19:32:50 EDT 2012

> Can't you write
> (build-path (getenv "WORKSPACE") ....)

The paths are command-line arguments and the tool is run in multiple
places. When I run it locally I don't use environment variables, but it's
also used as a script that's run on Jenkins after a project builds, and
Jenkins defines the workspace variable.

I ended up just making a method that checks if the first path element
starts with a $ and doing exactly what you said, but I was just hoping
there was something already built in.

> Could you push things through a call-out to 'system' with the 'echo'
program?

I'm just copying a file, so I could use system to copy the file instead of
Racket's copy-file, and that would take care of the environment stuff.
That's probably better than my solution.

It would be nice to have a flag or something that tells a path function to
resolve environment variables, but it's probably not a common enough case
to merit an extra api function.

Thanks for the suggestions.