[racket] an interesting article on IDE's for education

From: Antonio Leitao (aml at gia.ist.utl.pt)
Date: Thu Sep 27 16:28:08 EDT 2012

Some time ago I did a very simple prototype exploring
some of Bret Victor's ideas in a DrRacket-based IDE
for Generative Design. It still needs a lot of work (particularly,
in the performance area) but you can get an idea of what it
looks like in the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvAXWJbAQco

The video doesn't include sound because, in the first attempts,
all I could hear was the laptop fans. Anyway, the idea is that
you click on the code and it shows the shapes that were created
by that part of the program, and you click on the shapes and it
shows how they were produced.

Best,
António.

Posted on the users mailing list.