[racket] html -> pdf?

From: Carson Chittom (carson at wistly.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 15:16:34 EDT 2012

Jordan Schatz <jordan at noionlabs.com> writes:

> Is anyone aware of a way to take arbitrary html pages and turn them into pdfs?
>
> At the moment it looks like I would need to write Racket bindings for a html
> rendering engine (WebKit or Gecko), render the page, capture the output as a
> bitmap and embed it in a PDF... but that sounds like the long way around.

Dumb question: does it have to involve Racket?  Googling for "html 2
pdf" and "html to pdf converter" turned up a lot of hits--most of them
involving PHP and Ghostscript.

If you're looking at PDF-as-an-alternative-to-hardcopy (as opposed to a
"real" PDF document) on Windows PDFCreator works pretty well, adding a
PDF "printer."  On OS X, of course, the same functionality is built-in.

Posted on the users mailing list.