[racket] Porting Sawfish to Racket

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 12:31:22 EDT 2012

Yes I have, for a few days, after reading Jay's blog, but (too?) quickly
abandoned. I learned a slight bit about Haskell, tried to make my custom
file with basic stuff and failed. I believe I should take a full course on
Haskell before using xmonad. On the other hand, I installed Sawfish, looked
at the reference manual, and could immediately do everything I wanted to
do. There are many bindings that you can use to control whatever you want
about your windows. For example, I've always wanted a keybinding to send a
window to my second monitor (not workspace, not viewport, but monitor head)
while keeping size ratio. Did that in an hour or two with Sawfish (had to
write my own function), have no clue how to do that in xmonad (but I admit
I did not look very far). Plus it's got a repl.

Laurent