[racket] LAPACK FFI

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 15:10:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

2012/10/21 Richard Cleis <rcleis at me.com>:
> Is anybody working on the LAPACK FFI listed on the Hackathon page?
I don't think so. I put it on the list because I hoped someone would
pick it.

> How does "BSD Licensed Matrix Library" apply to a Racket FFI?

Having a real BLAS/LAPACK matrix library would be a good thing.
I couldn't find any libraries with the LGPL license.
Noel Welsh has bindings for MzSGL on Github:
    https://github.com/noelwelsh/mzgsl/commits/master
The license for SGL is unfortunately GPL, so I don't
think the SGL library can be distributed with Racket.

I think (hope?) that it is okay to distribute a BSD licensed
with Racket.

> I'd like to know which makes more sense:
>
> - write/find the few Gaussian Elimination solvers that I need

I'd love feedback from:
https://github.com/soegaard/racket/tree/master/collects/math/private/matrix
(The matrix operations work on this branch)

/Jens Axel

Posted on the users mailing list.