[racket] A small little random tutorial

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregwoodhouse at me.com)
Date: Sat Oct 20 21:07:29 EDT 2012

Right. Entropy is a measure of the information content of the sequence of values. If you think of it as a document you wish to compress, if the rolls were truly random, you won't be able to compress it much. But if 1 were significantly more likely as a result than 6, there would be be opportunity to compress the "document" (and the information content would be lower. Using logarithms to base 2, you get entropy information content) in bits

H(p) = - Sum p(i)*log2[p(i)]