[racket] DrRacket sluggishness since upgrading to 5.3.1 (OS X 10.6.8, 64-bit build)

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 17 22:28:28 EST 2012

Some of the changes are, but I'm not sure exactly when the version
number bump happened wrt to the changes I've committed.

I don't think I fixed anything having those symptoms, tho.

It sounds like there is a leak somewhere. Does it happen if you are
just editing, and not running your program?


On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Jon Zeppieri <zeppieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I installed 5.3.1 -- I'm currently on -- DrRacket gets
> slower with use. It's snappy enough when first started, but after a
> while, it gets sluggish. Switching tabs (and I have only three open)
> takes two to three seconds, and scrolling pauses frequently. The
> garbage collector seems to be getting quite a workout. (I'm not using
> a memory limit, and my machine has about 3.5GB of RAM free.) Disabling
> online compilation doesn't fix the problem.
> I just noticed that scrolling a buffer brings DrRacket's CPU usage up
> to 100%. I don't know if that's common or not; I've never checked
> before.
> I saw Robby's post on the PLT blog
> [http://blog.racket-lang.org/2012/11/drracket-now-more-responsive_15.html].
> Are the changes described there in
> -Jon
> ____________________
>   Racket Users list:
>   http://lists.racket-lang.org/users

Posted on the users mailing list.