[racket] translate from Racket to Common Lisp

From: daniel rupistraliz (danielrupistralizavez at yahoo.es)
Date: Sun Nov 4 14:31:55 EST 2012

Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ...> writes:

> What Matthew and everyone else said is critical. Read those
> before reading on. Also consider using optimizations in Racket
> or converting to TR and asking for fixed-point numbers.
>
> ;; ---
>
> However, we do understand the need for running programs in both worlds
> (Racke and CL). An alternative is to write a program so that it basically
> ports itself (with a few tweaks).
>
> For years, Dorai Sitaram maintained a macro/constraint set for just
> this purpose. The idea is written down in a short Scheme Workshop
> paper:
>
>   http://repository.readscheme.org/ftp/papers/sw2003/Scmxlate.pdf
>
> Producing a #lang cl/port for this purpose would be a 'good thing'.
> Others may benefit too. You could contribute it to Planet.

  Thanks for the useful information about scmlate. I posted in the common-lisp
group a toy example of a dictionary from racket to cl, but that package is much
more complete. Perhaps adding some more definitions like the iterations for/list
for*/list and the like would be interesting.

Posted on the users mailing list.