[racket] Scope of PLaneT was: (no subject)

From: Edward Blake (edwardlblake at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 2 18:23:37 EDT 2012

Hello Neil, Matthias

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement, adding the UPnP library to
PLaneT was on my TODO list for sure, I figured I should write a bit of
documentation first. I'll be checking out McFly Tools as well.

I've assumed until now that PLaneT to be appropriate mainly for
libraries and development oriented tools, but with the submodules
feature some Racket applications could also serve a dual purpose as
libraries quite easily. The kanji search app for example is mostly
intended to be a end user thing and may be distributed with 90 megs of
data files before compression (it contains a small subset of
Wiktionary articles and precomputed stuff to match drawings) though
for PLaneT these files could be omitted, will something as a whole
like this be a good candidate for PLaneT or is that outside its scope
and should be broken up into smaller libraryish components first? I've
also licensed it GPL (that can change, my other projects are LGPL and
MIT/BSD).

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Sounds great. Keep working, ask for help, push to Planet -- Matthias

Edward Blake

Posted on the users mailing list.