[racket] RacketCon 2012?

From: Vasishtha Spier (vasishtha.spier at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 21 14:12:34 EDT 2012

I'm not sure this is the right conference if its mostly for experienced Racketeers, but if its being video'ed it might still be useful. But I think it would be useful in some conference to have a talk on Racket for experienced imperative programmers.

Why they should be using it. What advantages it gives them over their usual languages.

How its"practical" ,  fast, has FFI, modules, system command etc.

But most of all how to approach learning it if you have a project starting in the next few months.  A reading list, and most of all prioritizing the different Racket and functional programming topics. What are the most important topics to learn before you have to start writing your project and what can be absorbed later etc.

Thanks,
Harry Spier

-