[racket] Architecture advice for new project

From: Chad Albers (calbers at neomantic.com)
Date: Tue May 15 14:00:16 EDT 2012

Definitely.  Using Racket's hashes, I can duplicate the same functionality.

But this hash mechanism bothers me, because I see a informal
convention developing in Rack middleware, where the middleware starts
injecting it's own state into the hash, with hacky namespaces on the
keys to prevent key collisions.  I would like to avoid that.

Just wondering if anyone had an alternative suggestion.

--
Chad Albers

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at hashcollision.org> wrote:

> > In the Rack middleware in the chain, each piece of the middleware
> > receives a
> > hash which encapsulates the response/requests, and the middleware
> > mutates
> > this hash depending on the functionality it adds.
>
> Could each middleware layer return the updated hash value?  Racket has
> functional hash tables alongside mutable ones.
>

>  http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/hashtables.html#(def._((quote._~23~25kernel)._hash-set))

Posted on the users mailing list.