[racket] `def' ?

From: Jukka Tuominen (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Fri May 11 16:27:40 EDT 2012

I can't say I like the idea for usability and compatibility reasons.

Usability:
 - Try this idea exaggerated: def lmbd cwcc cdr cond tgt gg param ...
   Maybe for hard core pros, but this doesn't make the language
   very approachable for the beginners. I made a few new ones so
   even the pros could have a taste of it :)

Compatibility:
 - What if I'd like to run the code with a Racket a few
   versions back? Or even dare to try it with another dialect of scheme?

What about using key shortcuts, auto completion, personal mappings
or other IDE means to end up having in all above cases identical and
therefore compatible source code?

br, jukka

Posted on the users mailing list.