[racket] `def' ?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu May 10 17:57:23 EDT 2012

Thanks for the nice illustration. It would be

(define initials
  (string (string-ref (id-firstname (vector-ref person i)) 0)
          (string-ref (id-lastname (vector-ref person i)) 0)))

but even with that we don't get the density of some path expression:

(define initials (string (@ person i firstname) (@ person i lastname)))

And now we're comparing with

initials = person[i].firstname[0] + person[i].lastname[0]
or
initials = (@ person i firstname) + (@ person i lastname)

Hmph.