[racket] host not found error

From: prad (prad at towardsfreedom.com)
Date: Sun May 6 19:31:39 EDT 2012

Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> writes:

>     hi danny!
>     i using get-pure-port and yes it's in a loop.
>     i also delete-pure-port because i was getting a different error when i
>     didn't which was to run out of file-descriptors (i think) since i kept
>     getting a can't open database file error.
>
> Wait!  But delete-pure-port is something entirely different.  It corresponds
> to one of the basic HTTP verbs (others are GET, PUT, POST).  Are you sure you
> haven't been using close-input-port?

yes i've been using delete-pure-port because i thought it went with
get-pure-port both of which use a url.

i think i'd better go and study just what these things do.

i also don't think there's a problem with the nameserver because i

1) put a delay of 1s into the program per retrieve
2) removed the nameservers in resolv.conf - just worked from my local
machine
3) used a public nameserver 8.8.8.8

crashes at the same number of records everytime!

so at least we've eliminated the nameserver issue.

now i'd better look at this port stuff.

--
in friendship,
prad