[racket] Distributing an app with required fonts

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 1 16:18:38 EDT 2012

At Tue, 1 May 2012 13:57:54 -0600, Kieron Hardy wrote:
> WRT fonts: AFAIK the only way for Windows to see a font is to copy the font
> file to the special Windows font dir, But that probably does not account for
> programs like Word that can somehow bundle the font used along with the
> document text.

I have not tried this, but you might be able to use AddFontResource()
(via the FFI) to make font available when your program starts:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183326(v=vs.85).aspx

Or you may want AddFontResourceEx() to make the font available only to
your application.

For packaging an executable, you could use `define-runtime-path' to
refer to the font file, so it would be included in a distribution.

Posted on the users mailing list.