[racket] Getting started with Scribble

From: Mark Engelberg (mark.engelberg at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 20:42:50 EDT 2012

So I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to create a document that is
mostly text with a few Racket snippets.  When I hit Run, I want the code to
be evaluated for the interactions window.  When I hit the scribble button,
I want it to generate html that displays the formatted text along with the
Racket snippets.

First attempt:
Use scribble/base and put an @ in front of any Racket code.
Hitting run evaluates the Racket code, but scribblizing only shows the
formatted text -- the code remains invisible.

Second attempt:
Use scribble/manual and put @racketblock[] around any Racket code.
Looks great when you scribblize, but code doesn't evaluate.
Another nuisance: IDE auto-converts opening bracket after @racketblock into
a paren.

I understand from the documentation that there are techniques that involve
setting up whole project structures and using the raco tool.  But I'm
looking for something lightweight.  Is there a way?

Thanks,

Mark