[racket] Fwd: Handin server - question re teachpacks

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Mar 6 18:11:01 EST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Jordan Johnson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an assignment on which my students are using a custom teachpack I had them download from my web site.  How can I set up the checker for this assignment, so that the teachpack is available as the server evaluates their code?
>
> Further details:  I am using the "check:" macro.  I have tried putting the teachpack in the assignment's directory, and adding (build-path ASSIGNMENT-DIR "my-teachpack-name-here.rkt") to the list I feed to sandbox-namespace-specs, but this doesn't seem to work.  Also, the only error message I get is the one I specified with :user-error-message; it says nothing about paths or files.

I had this problem last year, and found a so-so workaround. I instructed the students to require my file as

(require p6/p6-support)

… that is, as a collection require, added a collection with this name to the machine running the server, and then… urr, forgetting the crucial step. Explicitly enabled access to this collection directory in student code. It looks to me like this is set using #:requires, but the checker I have lying around doesn't seem to have this enabled.

This is a 1/4 answer at best; I'm just passing it along in case it's useful (and perhaps in the secret hope that it's so horribly wrong that Eli won't have any choice but to respond :)).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,

John