[racket] Google Summer of Code 2012 Ideas

From: Nevo (sakur.deagod at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 5 20:08:48 EST 2012

Hi all!
  I don't quite follow how Racket web app framework has grown for some
period, so not sure this may look appropriate as an potential GSoc idea.
Currently there's open PaaS platform named cloudfoundry (
www.cloudfoundry.com). It's a real cloud platform and developers could use
the supported frameworks/runtimes/tools to create/deploy a cloud app in a
very fast way without the need of caring the underlying infrastructure
setup. At this moment, Ruby/Java/Scala/Node.js are officially supported,
although PhP/Python are also added by thirdparty company. Cloudfoundry
source is in https://github.com/cloudfoundry and it provides a MicroCloud
env (a VM) to facilitate the development of in-house app. So this looks
like a place for Racket to go since it does have a modern well designed web
framework as well as a powerful language.
  As a quick reference, here're how Python and PHP work in case you cannot
find them from the official page.

http://support.cloudfoundry.com/entries/20386327-php-support-in-cloud-foundry

http://support.cloudfoundry.com/entries/20382447-python-support-in-cloud-foundry

Cheers