[racket] Serializable continuations

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 7 23:32:56 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I am writing a small experiment in which I want to persist a continuation
in an SQLite database.
It wasn't possible to 'insert' the continuation directly, so I tried using
"serialize" (from racket/serialize) but it turned out that continuations
are not serializable.

My program is not a webapp, but, since the webserver has a
"call-with-serializable-current-continuation", I thought there could be a
way to serialize a continuation.
Any advice? Is it something feasible to do?

My code is available at https://gist.github.com/2893350
(In this simple example, I sure could store the internal state of the
counter explicitly instead of the continuation, however that misses the
point)

Thanks,

Rodolfo Carvalho