[racket] ranking of search results in documentation search

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jun 4 21:31:43 EDT 2012

6 hours ago, Greg Hendershott wrote:
> > This would be easy to play with: click the [!] and you get a
> > dialog with preferences.
>
> Ah, I'd never noticed the [!].

Random thought: now that a gear icon is conventional for settings,
would it help if it changes to "[*]"?

> > Initially, the navigation ">>"s used to only at the bottom so I
> > was concerned to keep a size that fits vertically on most
> > screens.  Now, the only thing that needs to move for this is the
> > context link.  Any suggestions?  (Note that it can get verbose --
> > to see an example, click it, then click "racket/base bindings".)
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean here?

Click the "[set context]" link, then click "racket/base bindings" in
the popup, then dismiss the popup and look for anything -- the bottom
line should now say:

  Context: racket/base bindings [clear/modify]

If that line moves to the top, then the default number of results per
page can be much longer than the screen.

The obvious place to put it is under the "Showing ... of ... matches"
line, but then it makes it look very busy, so I'm looking for a way to
avoid that clutter.