[racket] Getting a list of keys in specified order

From: Kieron Hardy (kieron.hardy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 13:58:33 EDT 2012

> Anyway, if you're dealing only with alists, you don't need to know about "dict-keys" (whatever that is), just like you don't need to know about Justin Bieber (whatever that is).

I was stuck in the abstraction "Dictionary", thinking I might need more of the API than just dict-keys. As it turns out I won't, and so using an alist as just an alist is better. And therefore:

> (map car my-alist)

is perfect for my needs. Thanks for the prod.

And thanks also for the A-list for alists.

> "cons", "car", "cdr", "pair?", "assq", "assoc", "member", named-"let", "map", "reverse", "list", recursive procedures, "quasiquote"...

Cheers,

Kieron

Posted on the users mailing list.