[racket] constructing a boolean that's a filter for a given type? could be automatic?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Jan 30 18:00:56 EST 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2012, at 4:11 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it should just have less information.
>

> I like that a lot.

I'm not sure I do; if I were on a desert island or had just kicked Sam in the shin yesterday, I'd probably want to examine this type carefully to see whether I could interpret it and whether it actually looked like it should be equivalent to a filter for the type that I wanted.  At a minimum, I'd like to know that the information is available. I realize this is like Guillaume's syntax-errors-for-beginners discussion, but I don't think I reach the same conclusion.

John