[racket] Tricking PLaneT out of eagerly installing dependencies

From: Michael W (mwilber at uccs.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 28 18:20:13 EST 2012

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Now that you mention it, splitting the package up seems like the
lesser of the two evils.

What about documentation? How can I document two modules in one
document without requiring both of them? Or, assuming I split the
docs up too, is there any sane way of making binding links or
even just manual hyperlinks across planet packages?

(Sorry, Neil! I accidentally sent this message to only him --
shoulda clicked "Reply to All")

20 hours ago, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> Carl Eastlund wrote at 01/27/2012 10:24 PM:
> >  I suggest you require the rsound package directly, and either split
> > your package in two to reduce dependencies or just live with a
> > possibly unnecessary dependency.
>
> +1
>
> Also, from a reusability perspective, I think Michael W has the right
> idea with producing a few related-but-separate packages, rather than one
> mega package.

Posted on the users mailing list.