[racket] corrupted filenames command-line error messages

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Jan 28 10:38:40 EST 2012

Any idea why this Racket command line error message doesn't give a
proper filename?

Let's say that the filename is "xxxx-invoice-style-3.rkt".  I get an
error message that looks like this (with "[...]" used here to redact
info from the actual error message):

procedure ...oice-style-3.rkt:169:27: expects 2 arguments, given 3: [...]

If it matters, this error is occurring in code like:

(html-template
   [...]
   (%eval/effects-only
    (for-each
     (lambda (aaa)
       (apply (lambda (bbb ccc)    ; <== LINE 169
                [...])
              ddd))))
   [...])

If you don't immediately know where the cause might be in the Racket
interpreter, then I'd suspect that the "html-template" macro is somehow
corrupting the location info (e.g., resulting in an (non-)inferred
procedure name somehow getting where the filename should be in the error
message), and so I'd audit "html-template" in that case.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/