[racket] Browser module for OAuth use?

From: Thomas Chust (chust at web.de)
Date: Mon Jan 23 13:30:48 EST 2012

2012/1/19 Jonathan Schuster <schuster at ccs.neu.edu>:
> [...]
> Does anyone know if there's some sort of browser module in Racket that would
> fulfill my needs? Specifically, it should send some sort of signal/event to
> my program every time it navigates to a new page, and should provide the URL
> on each navigation.
> [...]

Hello,

since I experimented a little with browser widgets combined with
Racket code I can think of two solutions going in that direction.

You could embed a WebKit browser in a Racket GUI [1]. However, the
binding code mentioned here will only work on platforms where the
Racket GUI uses Gtk+ as its backend.

Or you could use an alternative GUI library that offers a portable web
browser widget. For example IUP [2,3] could do the job.

Another possible way would be to use some browser testing or remote
control framework to handle this. Selenium [4], for example, can be
controlled using an HTTP API so it should be possible to wrap a Racket
module around that.

Other libraries with a similar scope exist. For example Berkelium [5]
could in principle be wrapped using an FFI layer.

Perhaps some of this is helpful to you :-)

Ciao,
Thomas

--
[1] http://bitbucket.org/chust/racket-webkit