[racket] Handin Server + PLAI problem [and 1 more messages] [and 2 more messages]

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sun Jan 15 18:00:03 EST 2012

On Jan 14, 2012, at 8:19 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> Perhaps the right thing is to have the setup code export a small
> library that contains a "is my mark bound in the context" function and
> then the sandbox can call that function when deciding whether or not
> to grant permission.
>
> (That has the dependencies going the right way, right?)
>
> It doesn't get us really any steps closer to the more general solution
> but perhaps it is enough for this discussion to end?

Attempting clarification and summary:

The access violation is caused indirectly by a call to variable-name->module-source (sp?), and the offending call to "exists?" is located in main-collects.rkt, which ought to be entitled to check whether files exist.

(It's not clear to me while main-collects needs to check this, but I'm not going to worry about this.)

The short-term solution is simply to disable the contract wrapper on print-only-errors... and presumably on the other parameters? I'm in the dark still about which kinds of contracts and/or contract uses trigger the offending use of variable-name->module-source (sp).

John