[racket] Handin Server + PLAI problem [and 1 more messages]

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 14 22:12:09 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:45 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
>
>>  Or maybe some private
>> parameter (or continuation mark) that can be used to identify "I'm now
>> in blessed code" which the sandbox security guard can check and if in
>> that case avoid the restrictions?
>
> That sounds an awful lot like stack inspection a la Java -- Matthias

I think the way to think about this is as a capability mechanism. The
capability is the key for the continuation mark and it grants you the
ability to do certain things and is exposed/controlled via our usual
module and scoping setup.

So, unlike in Java where an IO operation looks up the stack to see if
it recognizes who called it, here it just says "is the key there?".

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.