[racket] Handin Server + PLAI problem

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Jan 12 12:53:21 EST 2012

I'm having a problem using PLAI plus the handin server.  Specifically, it looks like using (print-only-errors #t) in my code triggers the error

submit error: Error in your code --
current-directory: `exists' access denied for /home/clements/class/handin/

.

I'm using this near-trivial checker:

(module checker handin-server/checker
(check: :language '(module plai)
 ;; no checks!
  )

... and submitting this code:

#lang plai

(print-only-errors #t)

In fact, I get the same error when I strip it down to simply querying the parameter, with (print-only-errors).  However, it's not *all* parameters that trigger the error; I can submit code containing (current-error-port) without incident. I've taken a quick look at the code, and I can't see how setting this parameter would trigger a call to current-directory.

Any ideas?

John Clements