[racket] Teach yourself Racket in Fixnum Days?

From: Giuseppe Paleologo (paleologo at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 6 22:07:46 EST 2012

My applications are mostly in Statistics/Data Analysis. Rather than dealing
with a single, massive data set, I often have many medium-sized ones. I
find myself applying in R or Python large amounts of maps, reduces, filters
and other list manipulations that I believe Racket can perform more
expressively. As an example of a building block of what I'd like to build
or reuse, consider the R data.frame: an array that can be sliced by rows/
columns using logical indices, numerical indices, or names for rows and
columns. Moreover, the rows and columns could be accessed as individual
lists. I wonder what's the best way to do this in Racket. I am not looking
for a cookbook, but something that teaches the essentials, with examples of
non-standard data strucures.

-g