[racket] why does TR stop printing helpful "type (:print-type <expr>) to see more" message ?

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 5 12:37:26 EST 2012

At Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:16:31 -0800,
John Clements wrote:
> It appears that TR only prints the message "[Use (:print-type
> <expr>) to see more.]" once. I think this is the wrong choice, and
> that it should be printed every time.

Once the user has seen that message once, he knows that there's a way
to display whole types. I don't think cluttering the output by
reminding him every interaction is valuable. If he forgets the exact
name of the command, he can look in the docs.

The "..." indicating that there's more to the type are printed every
time, though. That's the information that I think is most valuable.

I'm not entirely opposed to changing it, though. Please chime in if
you'd like to see it printed every time.

Vincent

Posted on the users mailing list.