[racket] scribble -> ePub/mobi?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Jan 4 23:51:19 EST 2012

Has anyone taken a look at generating ePub or mobi documents directly from scribble?

As the owner of a Kindle, I can see that pdf/dvi/ps is terrible for these kind of on-the-fly reformatting systems. HTML is better, but trying to convert the existing HTML for HtDP 2e (I haven't tried removing the left contents bar) produces not-great output. I took a look for systems that generate ePub and/or mobi from TeX, and didn't get a lot of useful hits, which I'm guessing is due to the fact that TeX--like pdf etc--is fundamentally about providing control over the structure of a page, and not about producing reflow-able output. Has anyone taken a look at the cost and/or advantages of generating ePub or mobi documents directly from scribble?

John