[racket] Documentations in PDF/PS format

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 4 14:14:55 EST 2012

You could also use scribble to render a manual as a single HTML page
(plus CSS files and images). Then you can use a program like Calibre to
convert the HTML to ePub.

Here's the command I used to render the Racket Guide:

raco scribble \
   --html \
   --dest /tmp/guide/ \
   ++xref-in setup/xref load-collections-xref \
   --redirect-main http://docs.racket-lang.org/ \
   collects/scribblings/guide/guide.scrbl

And here are instructions for Calibre:
   http://osxdaily.com/2010/08/12/convert-to-epub/

When I tried it, the ePub version looked reasonable in the Calibre
viewer, although there were some spacing problems with typeset code. The
HTML->Mobi version was unusable on my actual Kindle (left margin way too
big), but HTML->ePub->Mobi looks okay.

You might have to replace some of the CSS files to hide unnecessary
parts, fix the formatting, etc. See the scribble manual for
changing/adding CSS. If you (or anyone else!) would like to contribute
ebook-friendly CSS for scribble, I'm sure we can find a place for it.

Ryan