[racket] XML library: representing CDATA

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Jan 3 22:47:37 EST 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> I don't know what the *stock* XML parsing does, but I have used Oleg Kiselyov's SSAX parser a lot in Racket-based production apps, and it does handle CDATA.
>
> Oleg spent a lot of time on XML, including learning things about it that its designers might not have known, and the SSAX parser has handled every case of valid XML that I've thrown at it so far.
>
> You can read about SSAX, and the SXML format it uses, at:
> http://okmij.org/ftp/Scheme/xml.html
>
> You can use this PLaneT package to get SSAX, but see the above URL for documentation:
> http://planet.racket-lang.org/display.ss?package=ssax.plt&owner=lizorkin

No! Don't use this one.  We forked this code and cleaned it up a bit, to get:

http://planet.racket-lang.org/display.ss?package=sxml2.plt&owner=clements

1) It doesn't have the insane require chain, so it installs fast,
2) it contains both the SSAX and the SXML,
3) It's PLT-ized in a few other ways.

Ryan worked on the code a bit as well, and coincidentally I just pushed this out as a new planet package today.

John