[racket] Documentation enhancement suggestions

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 3 11:21:39 EST 2012

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 15:35, Juan Fatas Huang <katehuang0320 at gmail.com>wrote:

> How about Sphinx?

I think that Sphinx collides with having Scribble -- the documentation
toolset for Racket (and not only).

Back to the Python department, I was reading some documentation today, and
I found specifically helpful to have this FAQ =>
http://docs.python.org/faq/programming.html

I think I haven't used it before. I was reading about how to distribute
standalone binaries, and the FAQ came as one of Google's results.

For Racket, a FAQ could cover commons questions that show up in the
mailing-list or IRC. Example:

1. Why do I get an error ...?
Make sure to set "detect language from source"

2. How to distribute binaries?

3. Where is the documentation for slideshows?

4. Can I do this ... in Racket?

etc...

It would be helpful if the FAQ would concentrate more links and short
explanations to things that are better documented or exemplified somewhere
else.

Additionally, by reading the list I've heard about many contributions
spread in Github or personal pages, for example one Github page with a list
of pet projects.
I think there could be a section somehow in the Racket website to link to
those contributions, or else it gets more difficult to remember that they
exist, and where they are. Maybe something in the already existent
community page?

[]'s

Rodolfo Carvalho