[racket] Mark Tarver is the man!

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Mon Jan 2 09:35:38 EST 2012

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 15:42:23 -0800
Mark Engelberg <mark.engelberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> The PLT team clearly cares passionately about creating and maintaining
> real, usable languages and tools.  That is why Racket exists.  Very
> few academic projects produce anything nearly as useful and
> professional.

I can wholeheartedly agree with this. The times when Plt Scheme was
mostly of academic use are long since gone. It is perfectly
feasible and in fact a great pleasure to write standalone,
state-of-the-art end-consumer software with Racket. For an OS X and
Linux example (Windows version coming soon), you may for example check
out the rewrite of my decade old password manager at peppermind.com.
(Yes, not many people really need such an application any longer
and it never was a mega-seller but it works well and I'm glad I've
chosen Racket for the rewrite.)

Thanks a lot to the Plt team!

Best,

Erich