[racket] Missing turtle

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Feb 26 17:32:28 EST 2012

Just now, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Jens Axel Søgaard
> > <jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:
> >> I have sent a bugfix to github.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sorry if I'm being dense here, but how do I get a hold of that?
>
> (For future reference) You can see "pull requests" on github here:
> https://github.com/plt/racket/pulls . Eli's page on the Racket git
> repository discusses how to merge them:
> http://git.racket-lang.org/intro.html#collaborating_with_others_merging_github_pull_requests

Two notes:

1. Once we move the bugs to GH, everyone will know about these.
   Currently, the notification is sent to the plt account, which I get
   (and I think that Sam/Vincent get it too).  (There's little point
   in fixing it since it's temporary.)

2. The super-short-story of how to do a merge is for pull request #N:

     cd ...your repo...
     curl https://github.com/plt/racket/pull/<N>.patch | git am

   you can now inspect the commit(s), tweak the commit message with

     git commit --amend

   or tweak multiple commit messages and possibly squash some with

     git rebase -i @{u}

   (With either of these the original commit author is left the same.)

   When it looks fine, push, and tell me about it so I'll close the
   merge request.  (That also will change when we're using GH.)