[racket] (Maybe) misleading error message

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 19 22:14:08 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 01:07, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>wrote:

> In the interactions window, free variables are runtime errors not
> compile time errors (unlike empty applications). If that had been in a
> module (or in the definitions window), then you would have gotten
> that, I believe.

That's right. If I write that on the definitions window and run:

           expand: unbound identifier in module in: generator

Actually I don't even need to run, since the online syntax check is fast to
provide feedback :)

Just thought about someone copy-pasting from the docs like me and not
understanding what was wrong...

Thanks,

Rodolfo Carvalho