[racket] static variables question

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 19 16:30:25 EST 2012

The compiler does not track if a function always returns the same
results to the same inputs, and even if it did, it would have to
figure out where to save the results to reuse them the next time,
something that is tricky to do in the general case. Anyways, doing
this kind of optimization is not something that compilers generally
do, fwiw.

Robby