[racket] thread execution granularity?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 17 09:22:01 EST 2012

I just tried this program:

#lang racket/base
(define times '())
(define start (current-inexact-milliseconds))
(for ([x (in-range 10)])
  (set! times (cons (- (current-inexact-milliseconds) start) times))
  (sleep 0.01))

and times was bound to:

'(90.0 80.0 70.0 60.0 50.0 40.0 30.0 20.0 10.0 0.0)

so hopefully that suggests that whatever you read was wrong.

Speaking of which, I couldn't find that in the docs. Where did you read that?

Robby